We cover a lot of ground this week. Everything from drug advertisements, to food myths about calories and beef. We talk about diet soda makes people fat, and the favorite foods of U.S. presidents. In the Paleo Land segment we talk with my daughter, Ayla, about 2 of her Paleo books: Paleo Pals & Eat Like a Dinosaur. After the Bell, we have an excellent clip featuring Gary Taubes and another featuring a family of 11 who lived in a small RV, having dropped out of 'normal' society.
Links for this episode:
- Hilarious Comedy Truth - YouTube
- Study: Not all calories are created equal - CBS News
- High intake of cholesterol shown to actually repair damaged brains
- Beef Is Beef - The facts on Lean Finely Textured Beef
- Antibiotic-Free Meat Business Is Booming, Thanks To Chipotle : The Salt : NPR
- The strange reason diet soda makes you fat - TODAY Health
- All The Presidents’ Menus | The Awl
- How the Government Makes You Fat: Gary Taubes on Obesity, Carbs, and Bad Science - YouTube
- Surfwise: The Amazing True Odyssey of the Paskowitz Family - YouTube
- Visit the Latest in Paleo Home Page ==>
- Visit the Latest in Paleo Community Page on Facebook ==>
This week's show sponsored by ManGrate and their fantastic $20 summer offer!