In the news, we hear wheat farmers react to Bill O'Reilly's suggestion that the United States government sponsor a "Beware of Wheat" public service announcement. New York City's health panel considers banning large sodas...and more. We discuss what the meat industry is feeding cattle. Where does your Vitamin C come from? There was 'anti-freeze' in some cereals when they were pulled from the shelves. What does it mean when a product claims that it is 'natural' on its label? We talk about how Americans are spending their grocery dollars and whether the Paleo Diet could be the answer for the future. Finally, a new study looks at mental illness and vegetarianism. In Paleo Land, Marks Daily Apple tells us how we can potentially answer questions about the primal or Paleo approach. The Moment of Paleo is about The Race to the Bottom, as it relates to food. There are two After the Bell segments this week.
Links for this episode:
- Animaniacs - "Be Careful What You Eat" - YouTube
- Bill O'Reilly credits no-wheat diet to his weight loss - KSN TV, Kansas News and Weather
- Health panel talks about wider food ban - New York News | New York Breaking News | NYC Headlines
- Assessing Consumer Concerns About The Meat Industry : NPR
- Malt-O-Meal sues supplier over cereal tainted with antifreeze component - Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal
- Lawsuits slam 'natural' claims from OJ to chips - Yahoo! Finance
- What America Spends On Groceries : Planet Money : NPR
- Why eating like we did 20,000 years ago may be the way of the future
- Vegetarian diet and mental disorde... [Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2012] - PubMed - NCBI
- Why A High-Fat Diet is Healthy and Safe | Mark's Daily Apple
- Obesity in America: To Win, We Have to Lose Government - YouTube
- Holistic Planned Grazing - YouTube
- TEDxSomerville: Seth Itzkan - Reversing Global Warming with Livestock? - YouTube
- Latest in Paleo's Facebook Page -- Share News & Comments Here!
- Home of Latest in Paleo
This week's show sponsored by ManGrate and their fantastic $20 summer offer!