Fat Genes Skinny Jeans
About This Episode
Liam Bowler and Carrie Forrest join us to discuss News & Views. We start with three very interesting stories centering around genetics: anxiety's link to metabolic disorder; the 'fat gene' and weight loss; and the latest research on the 'thrifty gene hypothesis.' The Moment of Paleo segment furthers some of the themes discussed during the news segment and revolves around boxing ourselves into various narratives. After the Bell features Jennifer Douden, one of the inventors of CRISPR, a genome editing tool.
Links for this episode:
- Get the Free Latest in Paleo Health News Ticker!
- This Episode at latestinpaleo.com
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook
- Book & Audiobook Recommendations
- The Body Awake by Liam Bowler + Dynamic Alignment Bodywork on iTunes
- Dynamic Alignment Bodywork : Liam Bowler, LMP, BCSI
- Liam Bowler, LMP, BCSI — Dynamic Alignment Bodywork - YouTube
- Carrie on Living
- Carrie Forrest, MPH (@carrieonliving) | Twitter
- Carrie on Living
- Carrie Forrest, MPH Nutrition (@carrieonliving) • Instagram photos and videos
- MicroRNA Regulators of Anxiety and Metabolic Disorders: Trends in Molecular Medicine
- Study reveals a biological link between stress and obesity
- Why Anxiety Can Lead To Weight Gain: New Study
- Israeli researchers find first biological link between stress and obesity - Business & Innovation - Jerusalem Post
- FTO genotype and weight loss: systematic review and meta-analysis of 9563 individual participant data from eight randomised controlled trials | The BMJ
- Obesity gene no barrier to weight loss, study shows | Society | The Guardian
- FTO gene not an obesity life sentence: study
- SNPwatch: Gene Variant Linked to Obesity Affects Food Choices in Children
- Analysis of Positive Selection at Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms Associated with Body Mass Index Does Not Support the “Thrifty Gene” Hypothesis: Cell Metabolism
- Obesity Might Not Have Evolved To Protect Us From Starvation | Popular Science
- Human tendency for obesity not result of evolutionary adaption to survive famine | Genetic Literacy Project
- Good Posture Matters More Than You Think | Timi Gustafson, R.D.
- Ways to Avoid and Treat 'Tech Neck' - Story
- 5 Exercises to Remedy "Tech Neck" - How to Treat and Prevent Neck Pain
Visit PuraKai to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.