Outsourcing Your Motivation
About This Episode
Meredith Rhodes and Roland Denzel join us to discuss News & Views. Stories include: the effectiveness of wearable fitness and diet trackers, what the gut microbiomes of obese kids tell us, whether stress erases the benefits of a healthy diet, and what we can learn from a new Blue Zone identified in southern Italy. The Moment of Paleo segment throws around ideas about working to get ahead. After the Bell features Dan Ariely, professor of economics, discussing whether we are really in control of our own decisions.
Links for this episode:
- Get the Latest in Paleo Health News Ticker!
- This Episode at latestinpaleo.com
- Recommended Books & Audiobooks
- Forward Health Coach |
- Meredith (@geomert) | Twitter
- Adventures in Humaning | Free Listening on SoundCloud
- Facebook - Adventures In Humaning
- Facebook - Eat Well Move Well
- Eat Well Move Well™ – #EatMoveLive52 – Better In A Week!
- Roland Denzel (@rolanddenzel) | Twitter
- Effect of Wearable Technology Combined With a Lifestyle Intervention on Long-term Weight Loss: The IDEA Randomized Clinical Trial | Sep 20, 2016 | JAMA | JAMA Network
- Your Wearable Won’t Help You Lose Weight | TIME
- Could your fitness tracker sabotage your diet? - CNN.com
- Obese Kids Have Different Germs in Their Gut | Health Care | US News
- Obese Kids Have Unique Set of Gut Bacteria
- Gut Bacteria Could Be Making Kids Fat | Motherboard
- Access : Depression, daily stressors and inflammatory responses to high-fat meals: when stress overrides healthier food choices : Molecular Psychiatry
- Chill Out, Ladies. Stress Can Erase the Benefits of Your Healthful Diet | Sci-Tech Today
- Stress May Counteract Effects of a Healthful Diet - The New York Times
- ?A tough day could erase the perks of choosing ‘good’ fat sources, study finds | News Room - The Ohio State University
- How to live to 100: Town of centenarians spills secrets - CNN.com
- Dan Ariely: Are we in control of our own decisions? | TED Talk | TED.com
Visit PuraKai to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.