Today’s show starts with a special announcement along with documentary and book recommendations. In the News & Views segment, we cover the latest in food labeling news and the Fast Mimicking Diet (FMD), which is designed to slow aging and reduce cancer risk. In the Shinrin-yoku Update, we talk about nature as medicine. In the Moment of Paleo, we explore how our ‘shoulds’ could lead to stress. After the Bell, we hear a presentation about what really makes for a good life.
Links for this episode:
- This Episode's homepage with sectioned show notes & more
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook - News hunters and gatherers post your links here.
- Nature Rx Part 2: Discover your dose of nature. - YouTube
- Watch Full Episodes Online of In Defense of Food on PBS | Full Episode
- Recommended Audiobook: Nutrition Made Clear Lecture Series
- List of all recommended books.
- Poll: 9-In-10 Americans Support GMO Labeling – Consumerist
- Life-size butter sculptures took 2 weeks and a half-ton of butter - TODAY.com
- Quashing Consumers' Right-To-Know, Congress Repeals Country-Of-Origin-Labeling For Beef And Pork - Forbes
- Americans Are Too Stupid For GMO Labeling, Congressional Panel Says
- Diet that mimics fasting appears to slow aging | USC News
- Periodic Fasting Could Help Slow Aging, Study Says
- Five day 'fasting' diet slows down ageing and may add years to life - Telegraph
- Interview with Valter Longo, IFOM - UCSC Longevity Institute - YouTube
- Take Two Hours of Pine Forest and Call Me in the Morning | Outside Online
- Robert Waldinger: What makes a good life? Lessons from the longest study on happiness | TED Talk | TED.com
Visit PuraKai to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.