No really, celebrate!
About This Episode
In the News & Views segment: The Victorian Era Diet; study sheds light on portion sizes; gut bacteria tell us when we’re full. In the Hunter-gatherer segment: the Awa. The Moment of Paleo explores ideas around indulging on holidays. And After the Bell features a talk about making stress work for you. This talk complements the National Geographic documentary recommendation at the beginning of the show featuring Robert Sapolsky. Enjoy the show!
Links for this episode:
- This Episode's homepage with sectioned show notes & more
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook - News hunters and gatherers post your links here.
- Books & Audiobooks | – Humans Are Not Broken
- Stress, Portrait of a Killer - Full Documentary (2008) - YouTube
- An unsuitable and degraded diet? Part three: Victorian consumption patterns and their health benefits
- Forget paleo, go mid-Victorian: it’s the healthiest diet you’ve never heard of - Spectator Health
- The Food History Of England-the truth-historical documentary - YouTube
- ‘Victorian Diet’ was much healthier than we thought - NY Daily News
- BMJ Press Release: Reducing food portion sizes critical to tackle obesity, argue experts | Cochrane Canada
- Making Small Food Units Seem Regular: How Larger Table Size Reduces Calories to Be Consumed by Brennan Davis, Collin R. Payne, My Bui :: SSRN
- Reducing food portion sizes critical to tackle obesity, argue experts | EurekAlert! Science News
- Obesity: Selling smaller food portions could solve crisis, say scientists | Health News | Lifestyle | The Independent
- Portion-Sizes Out of Control - YouTube
- 'Take portion sizes back to the 1950s to beat obesity,' say BMJ scientists | Daily Mail Online
- Gut Commensal E. coli Proteins Activate Host Satiety Pathways following Nutrient-Induced Bacterial Growth
- How Gut Bacteria Let Us Know When To Stop Eating (VIDEO) | U.S. > Weird
- When the Food Coma Hits, Blame Your Gut Microbes
- In the Amazon, the ‘world’s most endangered tribe’ has few options - The Washington Post
- Smiles mark uneasiness for 'most endangered tribe' on Earth
- Genocide in north-eastern Brazil - when will it end? - The Ecologist
- Tribal Journeys: The Awa Guaja - YouTube
Sponsored in part by PuraKai. Visit purakai.com to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.