About This Episode
Today's show opens with documentary and book recommendations. Then, in the News & Views segment: Study suggests healthy diets must be individualized; how the Western diet is derailing evolution. In the Shinrin-Yoku Update: How access to nature affects communities; disturbing losses in the Amazon. We have a Moment of Paleo segment on risk and thankfulness. To close things up, the After the Bell segment is about how to staying calm and make better decisions when we know a stressful situation is coming up.
Links for this episode:
- Full List of Recommended Books & Audiobooks
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook - News hunters and gatherers post your links here.
- This episode's homepage with sectioned show notes & more
- Seeds of Permaculture - Tropical Permaculture - YouTube
- Personalized Nutrition by Prediction of Glycemic Responses: Cell
- Personalized Nutrition: Healthy foods are unique to individuals
- What is healthy eating? | Life and style | The Guardian
- The Algorithm That Creates Diets That Work for You - The Atlantic
- The Future of Dieting Is Personalized Algorithms -- Science of Us
- A good diet for you may be bad for me | Science News
- Universal diets don’t work because ‘healthy’ foods differ by individual, study finds - ScienceAlert
- There Really Is No 'One Size Fits All' Diet Plan, According To Study
- If Your Diet Isn't Working, New Research Has A Theory Why (VIDEO) | Sci/Health > Health
- Personalized Nutrition by Prediction of Glycemic Responses | The poor, misunderstood calorie
- Science AMA Series: We are David Zeevi and Tal Korem, graduate students at the Weizmann Institute of Science, and authors of a recent study which showed that people respond differently to the same food, Ask Us Anything! : science
- How Burgers and Fries Are Killing Your Microbial Balance
- Q&A With a Gut Microbiome Scientist - US News
- This New Personal Poop Banking Service Lets You Save Your Microbiome For A Rainy Day
- Seeing Community for the Trees: The Links among Contact with Natural Environments, Community Cohesion, and Crime
- More Than Half Of Amazonian Tree Species Face Extinction (VIDEO) | World > South America
Sponsored in part by PuraKai. Visit purakai.com to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.