Red Meat, Cancer, and WHO?
About This Episode
On today’s show, we take a good look at the recent WHO evaluation of red and processed meats, which resulted in them being classified as carcinogens by the IARC. What exactly did they say? What do the classifications mean? Did the media get it right? What are the takeaways? All that, plus “Eternal Summer” in the Shinrin-yoku segment, “More than you think” in the Moment of Paleo, and compelling "Thoughts About Silence" in the After the Bell segment.
Links for this episode:
- New! Full List of Recommended Books & Audiobooks
- Our Facebook Community: News Hunters & Gatherers, Post Your Links Here!
- This episode's homepage with sectioned show notes & more
- Globesity: Fat's New Frontier - YouTube
- Globesity: Fat's New Frontier - Trailer - YouTube
- Journeyman Pictures : documentaries : Globesity: Fat's New Frontier
- Carcinogenicity of consumption of red and processed meat - The Lancet Oncology
- Meat and Cancer: The W.H.O. Report and What You Need to Know - The New York Times
- Bad Day For Bacon: Processed Meats Cause Cancer, WHO Says : The Salt : NPR
- Processed meats do cause cancer - WHO - BBC News
- Red Meats Linked to Cancer, Global Health Group Says - WSJ
- Processed meats rank alongside smoking as cancer causes – WHO | Society | The Guardian
- Bacon and other processed meats can cause cancer, experts say | Reuters
- Do I Have to Stop Eating Meat? Key Questions About WHO Group Report - NBC News
- Processed meat and cancer – what you need to know - Cancer Research UK - Science blog
- Bacon, Hot Dogs, and Processed Meats Cause Cancer, WHO Says | Mother Jones
- Bacon Causes Cancer? Sort of. Not Really. Ish. | WIRED
- WHO Says Red Meat Probably Causes Cancer - The Atlantic
- Do bacon and red meat cause cancer? Evidence and answers.
- U.N. agency links bacon, hot dogs, other processed meat to cancer | The Seattle Times
- WHO says hot dogs, sausages cause cancer. Chicagoans say we are so dead. - Chicago Tribune
- Whole Health Source: Do Processed and Red Meat Cause Cancer?
- North American Meat Institute
- World Health Organisation, meat & cancer | Zoë Harcombe
- Psychological comments: Bacon sandwich hysteria
- Bacon causes cancer. Should you panic? | Grist
- Red Meat and Colorectal Cancer: A Quantitative Update on the State of the Epidemiologic Science - Journal of the American College of Nutrition - Volume 34, Issue 6
- Cancer Vegetarianism & Diet
- Disrupted seasonal biology impacts health, food security and ecosystems | Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B: Biological Sciences
- 'Eternal summer' due to artificial light and heating is bad for us, experts say - ScienceAlert
- Cranking the thermostat can leave you ill, here's why News - The Weather Network
- TEDxAmazonia - Gordon Hempton | wants to save silence from extinction - Nov.2010 - YouTube
Sponsored in part by PuraKai. Visit purakai.com to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.