Special guest Denise Minger joins me to discuss her latest, epic blog post titled, IN DEFENSE OF LOW FAT: A CALL FOR SOME EVOLUTION OF THOUGHT. Topics include: the history of the low-fat diet, the Kempner Rice Diet, Lester Morrison, Roy Swank, Nathan Pritikin, Ancel Keys, whole foods diet vs. low-fat, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn's cardiovascular disease studies, the reversal of heart disease, the dietary guidelines, holism vs. reductionism, "carbosis," as well as Denise's new consulting offering. There are Moment of Paleo and After the Bell segments, too.
Links for this episode:
- This episode's home page with full, sectioned show notes and music credits.
- Listen to "Death by Food Pyramid" on Audible. Free 30-day trial.
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook - News hunters and gatherers post your links here.
- Angelo Coppola (@angelocoppola) | Twitter
- Angelo Coppola (@angelocoppola) • Instagram photos and videos
- The Beer Bottle Shirt Project by PuraKai Clothing — Kickstarter
- In Defense of Low Fat: A Call for Some Evolution of Thought (Part 1) | Raw Food SOS
- Raw Food SOS | Rescuing good health from bad science.
- Denise Minger (@deniseminger) | Twitter
- Denise Minger on Facebook
- Consulting | Raw Food SOS
- The China Study - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The China Study | Raw Food SOS
- Rice diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Lester Morrison; Pioneer in Diet, Health - latimes
- Nathan Pritikin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pritikin Weight Loss Resort & Spa | The Pritikin Longevity Center
- The Truth About Ancel Keys: We’ve All Got It Wrong | Raw Food SOS
- Articles & Studies | Dr. Esselstyn's Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program
- The Plant Paleo Diet | – Humans Are Not Broken
- VANDANA SHIVA
Sponsored in part by PuraKai. Visit purakai.com to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.