On this episode, we are joined by Dr. Richard Aiken, M.D., Ph.D. He is a medical doctor, a practicing psychiatrist, and he holds a doctorate in chemical engineering. His latest book is The New Ancestral Diet. We discuss plant-based, varied, whole-food diets; lifestyle, the evolution of taste and flavor, salicylic acid in the diet, anti-inflammatories, anti-nutrients, fiber, calorie density vs nutrient density, protein in the diet, and much more including Dr. Aiken's restored ca. 1830's cabin. Also enjoy a Moment of Paleo segment along with an After the Bell segment featuring Carl Sagan.
Links for this episode:
- This episode's page on Humans Are Not Broken
- Documentary - "Agriculture" | HBONow
- Get Altruism or the Audiobook of Your Choice Free (New Members)
- Get "Altruism" for 1 Audible Credit (Existing Members)
- Dr. Aiken's Book - The New Ancestral Diet
- The New Ancestral Diet
- Mood for Life | nutrition, exercise, meditation optimizedMood for Life | nutrition, exercise, meditation optimized
- Facebook Page - Mood for Life
- Facebook Page - Hillbilly Vegan
- Richard Aiken MD PhD (@rcaiken) | Twitter
- Whole Audiobook - 1 Credit - (Existing Audible Subscribers)
- Carl Sagan - L'Être Humain et la Planète Terre - YouTube
- Latest In Paleo Facebook Page -- News Hunters & Gatherers Post Your Links Here!
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!