Bigger, Cheaper, Faster
About This Episode
Today's show features a report on average American body weight in the 1960's vs. today; The Dorito Effect; big food and artificial flavors & colorings; America's latest trans fat ban; and a Shinrin Yoku update. Plus, we have audiobook and documentary recommendations, a Moment of Paleo (What's Missing?), and an After the Bell Segment (The Truth that Lasts).
Links for this episode:
- Latest in Paleo 138 on HumansAreNotBroken.com — More links, credits, comments, etc.
- Latest In Paleo Facebook Page -- News Hunters & Gatherers Post Your Links Here!
- Try Audible.com - Free Trial - Free First Book (Supports the Show, too!)
- Global Sea Level Rise Map - Global Warming & Climate Change Impact
- Tsunami Mapper
- The Earthquake That Will Devastate Seattle - The New Yorker
- That Sugar Film - Official Trailer - YouTube
- The average American woman now weighs as much as the average 1960s man - The Washington Post
- Average American Woman Today Weighs Same As The Average Man In The 60s, So Imagine How Heavy Today's Men Are
- Modern American Women and 1960s Men Now Weigh The Same - AOL On
- The Dorito Effect (Book)
- The Dorito Effect: How our approach to food is killing its flavour - The Globe and Mail
- Why chicken doesn’t taste like chicken anymore | New York Post
- Mark Schatzker: Our flavourless food leads to unhealthy cravings - Home | The Current with Anna Maria Tremonti | CBC Radio
- "The Dorito Effect": Food flavorings may be fueling obesity epidemic - CBS News
- Following A Trend: General Mills Removing Artificial Flavors (VIDEO)
- General Mills to Remove Artificial Flavors, Colors from All Cereals - WSJ
- General Mills to ax artificial flavors from cereals
- The real reason General Mills will cut fake flavors from cereals like Trix and Lucky Charms - The Washington Post
- This Is Why FDA Is Banning Trans Fats | TIME
- Hikikomori: Japanese men locking themselves in their bedrooms for years, creating social and health problem - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- European Cardiology Society urges EU trans fat ban
- Just looking at nature can help your brain work better, study finds - The Washington Post
- ? David H. Newman - TEDxColumbiaEngineering - 11/29/11 - YouTube
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!