The Hidden Label
About This Episode
On this episode: the most and least addictive foods; the "ingredients" that don't make it onto the label; sauna bathing increases lifespan for men; time in the sun prevents diabetes. Also, we touch on some rewilding. There's a Moment of Paleo segment about simplicity in food. After the Bell features an excellent TED Talk about Biomimicry.
Links for this episode:
- This episode's page on Humans Are Not Broken
- Contact Angelo Coppola
- Latest In Paleo Facebook Page -- News Hunters & Gatherers Post Your Links Here!
- EARTH A New Wild | PBS
- Earth a new wild - YouTube
- PLOS ONE: Which Foods May Be Addictive? The Roles of Processing, Fat Content, and Glycemic Load
- Study finds the most and least addictive foods - Orlando Sentinel
- Highly processed foods tied to addictive eating, may pave way for obesity treatment | Fox News
- Rat Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Inside the food industry: the surprising truth about what you eat | Life and style | The Guardian
- Widely used food additives promotes colitis, obesity and metabolic syndrome, shows study of emulsifiers -- ScienceDaily
- "Natural" Flavorings Are Bullshit
- JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Association Between Sauna Bathing and Fatal Cardiovascular and All-Cause Mortality Events
- Sauna Use Could Extend Life
- Saunas protect middle-aged men against heart attacks - Telegraph
- foodconsumer.org - Sauna bathing cuts death risk from cardiovascular disease
- Newsy | Getting More Sun Could Help Ward Off Diabetes | Multisource Video News Analysis
- Vitamin D Deficiency Linked More Closely to Diabetes than Obesity | Endocrine Society
- Vitamin D Lowers Colon Cancer Risk: What Can't The Sunshine Vitamin Help?
- Low Levels of Vitamin D Linked to Type 2 Diabetes Risk – WebMD
- A Common Vitamin Deficiency May Raise Your Diabetes Risk More Than Obesity - US News
- Lay off the mega-doses of Vitamin D - The Washington Post
- Plasma 25-hydroxyvitamin D and colorectal cancer risk according to tumour immunity status -- Song et al. -- Gut
- Researchers cautious about Vitamin D supplementation to prevent chronic diseases
- JAMA Network | JAMA | Vitamin D Research and Clinical Practice: At a Crossroads
- Janine Benyus: Biomimicry in action | Talk Video | TED.com
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!