On this week's show, life in 10,000 B.C., new dietary guidelines for cholesterol, a stool transplant gone wrong, a new study on obesity vs. inactivity. In the Listener Questions segment: is tallow and lard a 'whole food?' In the Moment of Paleo segment: You Can't Do a Single Thing! After the Bell, it's Mark Plotkin on uncontacted tribes of the Amazon.
Links for this episode:
- 10,000 BC: ‘It was much less stressful than modern life’ - Telegraph
- 10000 BC Season 1 Episode 1 - YouTube
- Government may reverse longtime dietary guidelines on cholesterol - Videos - CBS News
- The U.S. government is poised to withdraw longstanding warnings about cholesterol - The Washington Post
- Should I binge on eggs for breakfast? Here’s what you need to know - The Washington Post
- The US is about to drop its decades-old warning against cholesterol | The Verge
- The glorious return of the egg: Why Uncle Sam is a horrible nutritionist
- Panel could scrap advice on dietary cholesterol
- New U.S. Guidelines Will Lift Limits On Dietary Cholesterol - Forbes
- News guide: Dietary guidelines may contain some new advice, but key recommendations stay same | Star Tribune
- BBC News - Slightly high cholesterol in mid-life 'risky for heart'
- The Truth About Ancel Keys: We’ve All Got It Wrong | Raw Food SOS
- Weighty Matters: Every nutrition professional must read this!
- New diet guidelines may ease daily cholesterol limits - Health - TODAY.com
- Weight Gain After Fecal Microbiota Transplantation
- BBC News - Woman's stool transplant leads to 'tremendous weight gain'
- Did fecal transplant make woman obese? - LA Times
- Woman experiences unexpected, rapid weight gain after fecal transplant procedure | Fox News
- Woman becomes obese after fecal transplantation from overweight donor - Medical News Today
- Fecal Transplant Led To Obesity For One Woman : Health & Medicine : Science World Report
- Lack of Exercise Is a Bigger Risk Factor Than Obesity in Premature Death | TIME
- Lack of Exercise More Deadly Than Obesity, Study Suggests – WebMD
- BBC News - Inactivity 'kills more than obesity'
- American College of Cardiology Foundation | Journal of the American College of Cardiology | Dose of Jogging and Long-Term MortalityThe Copenhagen City Heart Study
- The (Supposed) Dangers of Running Too Much | Runner's World
- Mark Plotkin: What the people of the Amazon know that you don’t | Talk Video | TED.com
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!