On this episode: Fair food in Australia & via Michael Pollan; a Heart Healthy Paleo Diet study, plus more Paleo Diet in the news; why standing may not necessarily be the solution to too much sitting. In the Listener Mail segment: why I’m trying to get fats from whole foods only; whether I’m concerned about vitamin B12 & K2 levels; and tips on how to get kids to eat healthy. We discuss the role of willpower in the Moment of Paleo. After the Bell, it’s David McRaney explaining how we miss what’s missing.
Links for this episode:
- Fair Food - The Trailer on Vimeo
- Fair Food — the documentary — Sydney screening
- Edible Education 101: Michael Pollan (2015) - YouTube
- Angelo Coppola - YouTube
- Lipids in Health and Disease | Full text | Favourable effects of consuming a Palaeolithic-type diet on characteristics of the metabolic syndrome: a randomized controlled pilot-study
- No Oil -- Not Even Olive Oil! - Caldwell Esselstyn MD - YouTube
- Getting Back With Carbs - The Atlantic
- The Atkins, Paleo and Cabbage Soup diets are out in 2015 | Daily Mail Online
- The Paleo diet: Separating fact from fiction | Fox News
- Sedentary Time and Its Association With Risk for Disease Incidence, Mortality, and Hospitalization in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisSedentary Time and Disease Incidence, Mortality, and Hospitalization | Annals of Internal Medicine
- Sitting will kill you, even if you exercise - CNN.com
- Sitting all day increases risk of disease, even with exercise - Vox
- Too Much Sitting Is Killing You (Even If You Exercise)
- Sitting for long periods increases risk of disease and early death, regardless of exercise -- ScienceDaily
- Is Standing Up Enough? | Synergy Health
- Debunking the Hunter-Gatherer Workout - NYTimes.com
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!
TX Bar Organics - Grass fed & Grass finished Beef - Use Coupon Code "latestinpaleo" to save 10% on all orders!