On today’s show: A grilling tip for healthier meat; a look at research that suggests people prefer pain to being alone with their thoughts; a recent study about how protein may help us lose weight; we talk about findings that suggest people who avoid the sun have higher mortality rates. The topic of the Moment of Paleo is remaining ourselves. And, in the After the Bell segment, we’ll hear an excerpt from the National Geographic documentary, America Before Columbus.
Links for this episode:
- Latest In Paleo Facebook Page -- News Hunters & Gatherers Post Your Links Here!
- Humans Are Not Broken - Angelo's Blog
- The Economist explains: High steaks in the health game | The Economist
- Doing something is better than doing nothing for most people, study shows
- Dropbox - 2014-wilson.pdf
- You’d Rather Endure Electric Shocks Than Sit Alone With Your Thoughts - TIME
- People Prefer Electric Shocks to Being Alone With Their Thoughts - Matthew Hutson - The Atlantic
- From Separation to Boredom - Ascent of Humanity
- High-protein weight loss diets can work
- High protein diets like Paleo are the key to lasting weight loss, say scientists - National Celebrity Fitness and Health | Examiner.com
- The best way to lose weight? A diet filled with protein | Mail Online
- New study explains why eating a high-protein diet can help you lose weight
- Health Benefits, Downsides to High-Protein Diets | Video - ABC News
- Plant-animal subsistence ratios and macronutrient energy estimations in worldwide hunter-gatherer diets
- 25 minutes of meditating eases stress | Futurity
- Your Fat Is Why You're Not As Bright As You Could Be | Co.Exist | ideas + impact
- Precision Nutrition » Protein supplements: Are you even absorbing yours?
- UMMS: Protein Calculator
- Major study suggests mortality rate higher for people who stay out of the sun than those who don't - Health & Families - Life and Style - The Independent
- Why avoiding sunshine could kill you - Telegraph
- Prisoners were offered sun cream after escaping onto rooftop of Dartmoor - Home News - UK - The Independent
- Sun Exposure and Skin Cancer - YouTube
- Vitamin D — Problems With the Latitude Hypothesis | Weston A Price
- white indians.pdf
- ? Native America before European Colonization - YouTube
- America Before Columbus | National Geographic Channel
- Diet for Stress Management Slideshow: Carbs, Nuts, and Other Stress-Relief Foods
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!