On this week's show, I have an excellent documentary recommendation; we discuss the TIME Magazine article about dietary fat (and point out the elephant in the room that they virtually ignore); we talk about Dr. Oz's appearance before Congress and their idea of creating a Master Brand List to help with weight loss; Michelle Obama says her Ivy League education did not prepare her to make food choices for her children, and I suggest why that is irrelevant; then, we discuss a new study about the benefits of a 72-hour fast; also, we cover a story about how exercise might improve the condition of our gut microbiomes. In the Moment of Paleo we discuss the Possible and the Impossible. And, After the Bell, we'll hear a presentation about why we should preserve the indigenous populations around the world.
Links for this episode:
- ? WE SHALL REMAIN | Preview | PBS - YouTube
- We Shall Remain - YouTube
- Ending the War on Fat | TIME
- Fat: Ending the War That Nobody Started | David Katz, M.D.
- Annals of Internal Medicine | Association of Dietary, Circulating, and Supplement Fatty Acids With Coronary Risk: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- The Truth About Ancel Keys: We’ve All Got It Wrong | Raw Food SOS
- McCaskill Scolds Dr Oz. For 'Miracle' Weight Loss Claims (VIDEO)
- Dr. Oz scolded at hearing on weight loss scams - Food - Boston.com
- Watch Dr. Oz attempt to defend his weight loss “miracles” before Congress - Salon.com
- Michelle Obama: I Couldn't Feed My Kids Right–Even with a Harvard Degree
- Michelle Obama: I failed to 'feed my kids healthy,' so other parents need help, too - Washington Times
- Fasting for three days can regenerate entire immune system, study finds - Telegraph
- Fasting triggers stem cell regeneration of damaged, old immune system | USC News
- WORLD | Need an immune system boost? Try a three-day fast. | Mark Russell | June 12, 2014
- Gut bacteria diversity improves with exercise, study shows - Medical News Today
- The happy effect exercise has on your...gut bacteria? | Fox News
- Exercise and the 'Good' Bugs in Our Gut - NYTimes.com
- Exercise boosts diversity of gut bacteria, study show -- ScienceDaily
- Wade Davis: Cultures at the far edge of the world - YouTube
Purakai.com - Shop for Organic Clothing from PuraKai - Use coupon code "latest in paleo" for free shipping!