In the Woods
About This Episode
A review of cancer data has Canada changing its guidelines on colon cancer screenings, while in other cancer news a study has the medical community asking whether living with cancer can be better for patients than curing it. Also in the News & Views segment, Whole Foods changes it's mind about replacing nature's packaging for oranges. Also, a new study looks at how mimicking a Paleolithic lifestyle—in the woods with no shelter—might affect metabolic health. In the Moment of Paleo the topic is waiting...is it really so bad? Today's documentary & book recommendations and After the Bell segment are each about ultra hikes along mega trails. Enjoy the show!
Links for this episode:
- This Episode's Homepage
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook - News hunters and gatherers post your links here.
- Full List of Recommended Books & Audiobooks
- A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail
- Reversing Type 2 Diabetes: The University of Newcastle Research with Diet Plan | – Humans Are Not Broken
- MILE… MILE & A HALF (trailer 1) on Vimeo
- Whole Foods Pulls Pre-Peeled Oranges After Massive Twitter Backlash - Fortune
- Canadian experts say 'no' to colonoscopy for colon cancer screening | Reuters
- Colonoscopies: America’s gold standard, while Canada says they’re not justified - HealthNewsReview.org
- New colon cancer screen guidelines issued | Watch News Videos Online
- American Cancer Society recommendations for colorectal cancer early detection
- Dr. McDougall's Health & Medical Center » Early Detection for Cancer Is a Risky Business
- Do You Really Need to Get an Annual Checkup? – Next Avenue
- Effects of cancer screening on overall mortality overstated, says report - Medical News Today
- Exploiting evolutionary principles to prolong tumor control in preclinical models of breast cancer | Science Translational Medicine
- Don't kill cancer, learn to live with it, say scientists - Telegraph
- Controlling Cancer May Be Better Than Getting Rid of It Entirely: Study | TIME
- Living With Cancer Might Be Better Than Trying To Cure It (VIDEO) | Sci/Health > Health > Medicine
- "The Impact of a 4-Day Paleolithic Lifestyle Change on Human Metaflammation" by Jens Freese, Begoña Ruiz-Núñez et al.
- Watch "The 2,185 MILE HIKE | David Kallin | TEDxYouth@CEHS" Video at TEDxTalks
Visit PuraKai to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.