Convinced You Should Wear Deodorant?
About This Episode
Today's show starts with recommendations for Michael Pollan's latest documentary and a new audiobook. In the News & Views segment: the broken calorie; underarm deodorant, the skin microbiome, and how we were convinced that we smell bad in the first place; also, the top 20 perils facing America...100 years ago. In the Shinrin-yoku Update, the Every Kid in a Park program is explained. The Moment of Paleo segment explores why you aren't—and shouldn't expect to be—the average. After the Bell we have two great pieces: Trail Angel Ponytail Paul followed by a talk by 91-year old legendary coach John Wooden.
Links for this episode:
- This Episode's homepage (outlined show notes and more)
- Latest in Paleo on Facebook - News hunters and gatherers post your links here.
- Full List of Recommended Books & Audiobooks
- Whole: Rethinking the Science of Nutrition
- Cooked - Official Trailer - Netflix [HD] - YouTube
- Netflix Announces New Michael Pollan Documentary Series, ‘Cooked’ - Eater
- Is the Calorie Really a Useful Measure? - The Atlantic
- Calorie-Counting Is Terrible on All Fronts -- The Cut
- McDonald's salad has more calories than Big Mac
- Why is a Calorie Not a Calorie [Fed Up] - YouTube
- The effect of habitual and experimental antiperspirant and deodorant product use on the armpit microbiome [PeerJ]
- Study: Deodorant has significant effect on underarm microbes - UPI.com
- Antiperspirants and deodorants are changing your body’s microbes - Quartz
- What deodorant does to your underarm bacteria | MNN - Mother Nature Network
- Your Deodorant May Be Messing With Your Body's Microbes (VIDEO) | U.S. > Weird
- How Advertisers Convinced Americans They Smelled Bad | History | Smithsonian
- The Tacoma times. (Tacoma, Wash.) 1903-1949, February 03, 1916, Image 1 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress
- Every Kid in a Park | Main
- Every Kid in a Park Gives Fourth Graders and Families Free National Park Passes
- Secretary Jewell introduces Every Kid in a Park - YouTube
- Trail Angel - YouTube
- John Wooden: The difference between winning and succeeding | TED Talk | TED.com
- 15 Lessons from Coach Wooden’s Ted Talk: The Difference between Winning and Succeeding. | JAG GYM Blog
Visit PuraKai to shop for eco-friendly clothing and stand-up paddle boards. Be sure to use coupon code "latest in paleo" for 15% off all clothing purchases.